Wednesday 29 October 2014

Magazines.

I very, very rarely buy mags in the shops as I just don't think it's worth it! I will occasionally, if there's a really good gift with it or if I'm desperate for something to read. What I prefer to do is sign up to magazine subscriptions online. There are regular offers meaning you can get a few copies at a very low price and/or with a great free gift.

This year I've had subscriptions for 3 copies each (I think? Maybe 4...) of Heat and Grazia for £3. I had a terrible time with their customer services as after the confirmation letter & first copy of each, I received nothing. They said the address was wrong and the magazines were sent back - how is that possible when I had received the letter and first magazines?? Anyway, in the end it got sorted out, I got back copies of all that I'd missed (despite not wanting them!) & had the subscription extended so god knows how many I ended up with, about 12 of each I think. I've got them piled up ready to give to the girls to make collages.

I signed up for a subscription to Radio Times, I think that was 6 months worth for £1? Excellent bargain there, I don't particularly want to read them but again they are great for crafts.

Lastly, I have a subscription to Glamour - this is my favourite! I paid £6 for this one and I have no idea how many months that covers. Maybe 6? And I also got a lovely package of hair products from them as a gift for signing up. It's one of the more upmarket Schwarzkopf sets, and I got shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner and serum which have kept me going for a good 5 months so far. Anyway, I'm always surprised when it arrives as, like if say, I can't remember how many copies I'm getting!

Over the period I've been getting Glamour, I've been really impressed. There's been a few free gifts and even in the months where there isn't a free gift, there's trial sachets and perfume testers inside which I love! I also find it's a bit more 'educated' than some of the other glossies, and has more in-depth articles about more important subjects.

So, December's Glamour just popped unexpectedly through my door and I'm over the moon. I have a letter to take to my closest Nails, Inc counter to get a free nail varnish worth £11. I have a gift card for either £3, £15 or £100 off at Body Shop with no minimum spend. I have a discount card for 20% off at H&M. And I have a sachet of Pantene conditioner, and a tester of Calvin Klein perfume. On top of that, I'm actually looking forward to reading the magazine itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment